Albion Progress Update #2

Posted on | February 5, 2014 | No Comments

After almost giving up on my coat project two days ago, I think I’m close to solving my sleeve problem. Last night I did a victory round on my Stasis Pullover after I drafted my third attempt at a well fitting sleeve. I may be writing about nothing but sewing lately, but of course I haven’t given up my knitting!

I’ve been pouring over all of my sewing reference books, Craftsy fitting videos, and the internet for any and all solutions. When you start off with a pattern drafted for a man and try to put a petite woman in it, there are bound to be a few challenges to overcome. When I was in school, these fitting problems didn’t exist. There were slopers and draped muslins on dress forms with the tiniest waists you have ever seen. Everything always fit perfect and the forms didn’t move! I however, need to move and I’m not about to spend a fortune on good wool until this muslin is perfect.

Tonight I took out my old notebooks from my draping and pattern making classes at FIT. I used to be so organized, and I’m glad I was! There is so much information in this book that is invaluable, two years worth of pinning, drafting, cutting, and sewing. My life was so much easier then, I just didn’t know it! It’s amazing how much I’ve forgotten, and I’m really excited to be picking pattern drafting and sewing up again.

So it’s onward and upward. Hopefully I’ll have a very nice fitting muslin to show you in my next update.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments